sábado, 8 de diciembre de 2012

When I was a Bird

I climbed up the karaka tree
Into a nest all made of leaves

But soft as feathers.

I made up a song that went on singing all by itself

And hadn't any words, but got sad at the end.

There were daisies in the grass under the tree.

I said just to try them:

"I'll bite off your heads and give them to my little

children to eat."

But they didn't believe I was a bird;

They stayed quite open.

The sky was like a blue nest with white feathers

And the sun was the mother bird keeping it warm.

That's what my song said: though it hadn't any words.

Little Brother came up the patch, wheeling his barrow.

I made my dress into wings and kept very quiet.

Then when he was quite near I said: "Sweet, sweet!"

For a moment he looked quite startled;

Then he said: "Pooh, you're not a bird; I can see

your legs."

But the daisies didn't really matter,

And Little Brother didn't really matter;

I felt just like a bird.  
Katherine Mansfield


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario